Pilates is a program that improves muscle control, flexibility, coordination, strength and tone through both physical and mental conditioning.
Fully Qualified Instructors
Our instructors are fully qualified and our classes may be rebatable through your health fund. Please see our class time table for Pilates class times.
The Pilates Method
Pilates works on deep muscles and the spine, the most important structure in the body, the source of the nervous system. It is a fitness regime that combines stretching and strengthening exercises designed to work the entire body in fluid movements.
Pilates’ work is concerned with the process itself. It works by building strength from the inside out and rebalancing the body. Through continuous involvement in the process of movement, the goal is reached by a natural evolution, in contrast to a forced result.
Pilates is a method that aims to create a balance in the body, designed to cater for the needs of the individual.
What are the Main Differences Between Pilates and other Exercise?
- Body as a single integrated units
- No mindless repetition of boring exercises
- Stabilizing the joints and releasing tension
- Better posture, proper coordination and improved flexibility
- Lengthening muscles of body into a balanced whole
Why Pilates Works for You?
- Rapid results
- Train body/ mind integration
- Develops on evenly-conditioned body with long lean muscles
- Builds greater improved control and strength
- Experience improved co-ordination and balance
- Enjoy enhanced flexibility and posture
- Low-risk exercise means lesser risk of injury
- Customised training programs catered for each different individual
- Suitable for all ages, fitness levels